The Anderson Gallery is currently accepting applications for Gallery Workers and a Gallery Intern for the 2017/2018 academic year. Applicants must be enrolled at Drake University for the upcoming year. See details below and apply today!
Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Application deadline is Friday, April 21.
The Anderson Gallery seeks applications for the position of Anderson Gallery Intern for the 2017-18 academic year. This is a paid internship offering 5-10 hours per week, with additional hours required during weeks of exhibition installation. This internship provides an excellent opportunity for a student to gain insight into the professional practice of gallery administration as well as hands-on experience working with visiting artists and providing logistic and design support to the gallery.
General responsibilities: (under the guidance of the director)
- Production of supplementary print materials for gallery exhibitions; including promotional posters, gallery labels, vinyl lettering, etc.
- Assists with PR initiatives, including social media posting, website updates, flickr uploads, etc.
- Functions as primary student-gallery liaison for campus-wide PR
- Assists in packing/unpacking works of art, installations and strikes of exhibitions and gallery prep (including patching and painting walls, cleaning, lighting, possible work on ladders, etc.)
- Provides support in coordination of opening receptions, lectures and other public events
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for application:
- be a junior or senior at the beginning of the 2017-18 school year, be enrolled in classes, and be majoring in a Drake University Art +Design program;
- be highly motivated, able to meet sometimes tight deadlines, multitask, and work independently;
- be easily accessible on a regular basis via email
- be willing and able to receive feedback and constructive criticism on matters pertaining to graphic, web, and exhibition design, writing, printing, etc.
- have an interest in gallery or museum work.
The following would be helpful but not required:
- possess an art historical vocabulary and have a rudimentary knowledge of art historical movements;
- completed classwork or has previous experience in marketing